SIMPLE FAITH How Does God Speak? Conversation Starters
- Take some time to discuss the sermon. What stood out to you?
- Read 1 Kings 19:1-13a. What do you like about this passage? What do you find confusing or challenging? What can we learn about people in this passage? What can we learn about God in this passage?
- Do you feel like God speaks to people as clearly today as He did in biblical times?
- How have you experienced God’s voice in your life? If not, what do you think are some barriers for you to hearing God’s voice?
- Do you really want to hear what God wants to say to you? Explain.
- At Vancouver Church, we believe that God will speak to anyone who will listen. As a group, take 5 minutes (set a timer if needed) to listen for God’s voice. Ask him, “What can I do this week to hear your voice more clearly and consistently?” Once the 5 minutes are up, share what you heard with the group.
- What did you like about that experience? How did you find it challenging?
- Ask if there are any prayer requests and then spend time praying for each other in the group.