Key #2 – IDENTITY
IDENTITY – Never changes
CALLING – Develops over time
ASSIGNMENT – Changes often
How did Jesus Discover His Identity
- The WORD of God
- The SPIRIT of God
- The VOICE of God
ASK God for your identity
- What was your highlight of the last week? What’s one thing we can pray for you?
- Spend some time praying for each other and inviting the Holy Spirit to lead you discussion.
- Share a story about when you got car keys for the first time. How did it feel? How old were you? Where did you go? What kind of car: make, model and color?
- Read Mark 1:9-13 together as a group.
- What do you like about this passage? What’s confusing or challenging about this passage?
- What are some factors that point to this being the moment that solidified Jesus’ understanding of his identity? What are some factors that support otherwise?
- How would you answer this question? “What is your identity?” What would you say?
- How would our lives be different if we were convinced of our Biblical identity?
- Take some time to silently pray and ask God what your next steps are when it comes to understanding and living out your God-given identity, and then share your action step with the group.
- End your time in prayer.