The Marble Jar
Steve Jensen | August 6, 2017
Discuss a few of these questions with your Life Group, then pray together.
- What early memory do you have of feeling connected or in community? (maybe a happy family memory)
- Read Ephesians 4:17-32. What stands out to you in this passage?
- Read Ephesians 4:17-19. How might it look when people “have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, and they are full of greed”? According to Paul, how are people in the Ephesian church living? (see verse 17)
- Read Ephesians 4:20-24. What is the difference described between the “old self” and the “new self”?
- In Ephesians 4:25-32, Paul contrasts some destructive “old self” attitudes and behaviors with constructive “new self” attitudes and behaviors (example: falsehood vs. speaking truthfully). What other attitudes and behaviors are contrasted in these verses?
- Which of these “new self” attitudes and behaviors do you see as your greatest challenge right now? What holds you back?
- Do you believe that Christ has made you new? [Consider also Ephesians 2:10 – you are “God’s masterpiece”]
- Describe what it would look like if this week you lived out of the belief that God has made you new. How might this affect those around you?
If you haven’t already, be sure you watch the video teaching entitled, “Ephesians” at TheBibleProject.com