Experiencing a New Life from God
Chris Kainu | July 9, 2017
Go deeper with the weekly teaching and use these conversation starters with your Life Group, family, friends, or roommates.
- When you do you feel most fully alive?
- Read Ephesians 2:1-3. Paul is telling the Ephesians that before they trusted Christ, they were physically alive, but were spiritually dead. As humans that were only half alive, what were the main guides for their lives? How did this impact their lives?
- Which of the “ways of the world” or “the cravings of our flesh” have you ever followed? How did this impact your life?
- How has Jesus brought you from death to life? What have you been rescued from? What would your life look like with the Lord?
- Read Ephesians 2:4-9. What was God’s motivation to give you a new life? How did God make it possible for us to have a new life? How much do our efforts contribute to the reason why we get this new life?
- To be “disobedient” is to refuse to love God above all, everyone and everything, else (Exodus 20:3 & Matthew 22:36-37). What are you tempted to love more than God? What does it mean to love something more than God?
- What is true about Jesus that is also true about you because of your faith in Jesus? What is on his “report card” that is now attributed to you?
- What is true about Jesus?
- Because of Jesus, what is now true about me?
- Based on the lists above, how do you think God feels about you?
- Pray for each other the way Paul does as recorded in Ephesians 1:17-19.
This week, be sure you watch the Ephesians video teaching from The Bible Project.