• Who do you enjoy helping?
• In the sermon, what was meaningful to you? (vancouverchurch.org/sermons)
• Read aloud Mark 9:1-10. Who all was there? Why did the disciples react like they did? How do you think you would have reacted? Why do you think Jesus allowed them to have such an intense experience?
• Verse 2, says that “Jesus took (them) with him” How does traveling affect a relationship?
• What are your thoughts on this quote? “We grow spiritually when we help others grow spiritually.”
• Who would you love to help grow spiritually? If you did, how would that help you grow?
• What barriers might keep you from helping others grow spiritually?
not spiritual enough
no one’s interested
don’t know enough
afraid I’ll mess up
• Five Levels of Apprenticeship – Use this guide to sketch out some ways you could help someone grow spiritually.
1 I DO — U WATCH — WE TALK
2 I DO — U HELP — WE TALK
3 U DO — I HELP — WE TALK
4 U DO — I WATCH — WE TALK
5 U DO — THEY WATCH — Y’ALL TALK
• End your time in prayer, asking God to help you help someone else grow.