READ PROVERBS 2:1-5
- Will you or did you make any New Year’s resolutions for 2020? Why or why not?
- How have you been impacted over the past several weeks as we’ve been walking through this sermon series on our “wants”? Where have you been challenged?
- Do you think it’s truly possible to “reshape” your wants? If so, what’s the hardest part of that process for you?
- What’s the difference between a conscious choice and “wishful thinking”, “sheer determination” or following some pat “strategy” or “formula”?
- What do you need to “cut out” of your life if you want to make a meaningful change in your spiritual disciplines?
- What is the objective of the change you envision in your life? Why will that make a difference?
READ 2 Timothy 2:15
- If this verse is one of your objectives, what is required to “reshape” your wants to meet that objective?
- How can you stay focused on meeting an objective like this when life gets hectic?
- What will your changed reality look like if you successfully “reshape” your wants to reflect your deeper heart desires?
- How do you think God will use this process to “realign” you with His plans for your life in 2020?