- Describe your most interesting injury.
- What was meaningful to you in the sermon? (VancouverChurch.org/sermons)
- What have been the best parts and the hardest parts of your life?
- Read Genesis 3:1-13. What was the strategy of the serpent? What do you think was of the motive of the serpent? Why did Adam and Eve take the ‘bait’? What were they hoping to gain?
- Read Genesis 3:14-19. List and discuss the consequence for each of the three main characters.
- Read Genesis 3:20-24. How did God respond to human rebellion? How is the sacrifice of Jesus foreshadowed in this passage?
- What do the following passages teach us about the human heart as a result of The Fall of mankind? Genesis 6:5 & 8:20-21; Jeremiah 17:9; Romans 3:10-12, 3:23a & 6:23a; Ephesians 2:1-3.
Read through “Four Part Storyline of the Bible” and discuss it.
Part 1 CREATION You were made by a good God, for a perfect world
Part 2 FALL You were fooled by a violent enemy, who wants to destroy you
Part 3 RESCUE You can be saved, if you trust Jesus
Part 4 NEW CREATION You will be taken to a perfect world, as you trust Jesus
- What does the Bible’s account of The Fall explain about the suffering you have experienced in life? Why do you think it’s important to understand Part 2 of the “story we live in”?
- Who do you know that is not very aware of the storyline of the Bible? How do you think they would react to it? What would they gain from hearing it from you? What could keep you from sharing it with them? Pray together for these folks, and your resolve to share the story with them.