READ: Isaiah 6:8
1. Why do you think God looks to partner with us to accomplish His purposes?
2. Has there been a time when you raised your hand like Isaiah and said, “pick me”? Share that experience with your group.
3. Pastor Larry said “Many Christians want to serve God, but only in an advisory capacity.” What do you think that means?
“SERVICE IS AN ACTION OR MINISTRY DONE FOR THE BENEFIT OF OTHERS”
4. Why is “selfishness” the biggest hindrance to genuine service?
5. What is the difference between doing something because you “want to” as opposed to because you “have to”? Why is that such a significant point in how we serve God and others?
JESUS DID NOT HAVE A PhD IN FOOT WASHING!
READ: Mark 10:42-45; John 13:14-17
6. Why did Jesus wash the disciple’s feet? What else could He have done?
Why didn’t He do that?
7. What’s the point of the story about Everybody, Somebody, Nobody, and Anybody?
8. What did Pastor Larry mean when he told volunteers at the Promise Keepers events, “IT’S YOUR JOB”? Why was that important for these massive men’s ministry events?
DEFINE THE WORD: INTENTIONAL
9. Why is “service” an “intentional discipline”?
10. What’s your response to the DL Moody quote at the end of the sermon?
11. Whose parachute are you packing?