A Community of Worship Conversation Starters
- This weekend was Thanksgiving. Begin your time together by sharing one highlight from the weekend, and one disappointment from the weekend.
- Begin your time as a group by praying and asking God to lead your conversation.
- As a group, come up with a working definition of worship.
- What are some fun things in your life that feed your joy (people, hobbies, pets, etc.)? How can we develop a life where we enjoy these good things while not worshiping these good things?
- Casey shared 3 keys to pleasing God with our worship. Faith over feeling, God-centered over self-centered, and posture over personality. Which of these 3 keys do you find most natural for you? Which one do you find most difficult? Explain.
- At the end of the sermon, Casey shared 7 words that describe different worship postures. Why do you think our body posture is so important to God when we offer our worship to him?
- End your time worshiping God together as a group. Spend time thanking God for some very specific people, activities, pets, food, circumstances, etc, in your life. As you pray, practice a worship posture that you don’t normally practice.