LEADING OTHERS TO LIFE ‘Grow Yourself’ Conversation Starters
- What stood out to you in the sermon? (Missed it? Try VancouverChurch.org/sermons)
- Read 2 Timothy 1:1-14. What caught your attention in this passage?
- In the first verse, notice the phrase, “the promise of life that is in Christ Jesus.” What do you think this phrase means? What is the promise? What is “life”? How this found in Jesus?
- List five kinds of people (or groups of people) you want to see experience “the promise of life that is in Christ Jesus.” Why those people? How would their lives be different?
- Read verse 6 again. What was this ‘gift of God’? What might it mean to fan it into flame? What does this tell us about Timothy’s responsibility for the growth of his own spiritual life?
- Why do you think we have the responsibility to grow ourselves spiritually?
- To lead others to life, you must grow yourself spiritually. Do you agree with this statement? Explain.
- How do you need to grow right now? In one of the following areas, identify a step you will take this week in order to grow yourself spiritually. Relationships with people focused on Jesus, prayer, suffering, or Scripture. Which area do you want to grow yourself in and what is the specific step you can take this week? Pray together about these steps; be sure you listen for God’s prompting as you pray!