MORE ‘New Testament Prophecy’ Conversation Starters
- NT Prophecy is to be intensely _______________________
1 Corinthians 14:1 Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy
- NT Prophecy is something everyone should ________________________
1 Corinthians 14:1 Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy.
- NT Prophecy is very good for the ____________________
1 Corinthians 14:3 But the one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort.
- NT Prophecy can be ________________
1 Corinthians 14:29 Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said.
- NT Prophecy involves a partnership between God & his ______________
1 Corinthians 14:32 The spirits of prophets are subject to the control of prophets.
- NT Prophecy is rooted in the character of __________________
1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not a God of disorder but of peace—as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people.
- NT Prophecy was a normal part of ____________________________ 1 Corinthians 14:39 Therefore, my brothers and sisters, be eager to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues.
- NT Prophecy doesn’t make someone better than ____________________
1 Corinthians 12:12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ.
- NT Prophecy is not to be ________________
1 Thessalonians 5:20-22 Do not treat prophecies with contempt 21 but test them all; hold on to what is good,22 reject every kind of evil.
- NT Prophecy always leads to _________________
Revelation 19:10 For it is the Spirit of prophecy who bears testimony to Jesus.
Major Elements of NT Prophecy
1. _______________ of Prophecy
2. _______________ of Prophecy
3. _______________ of Prophecy
With your Life Group, family or a friend, read together through 1 Corinthians 14. Also, discuss your impressions of the sermon. Then, after a quick review of the principles and Scriptures listed above, have each member of your group, circle a principle they would like to study more. Also, be sure to discuss what it might look like if you were to take some action based on that principle. Be sure to start and end with prayer, inviting the Holy Spirit to work in your mind, heart, and actions.