MORE ‘Agape’ Conversation Starters
- Begin your time as a group with prayer, asking the Holy Spirit to lead your conversation.
- Read 1 Corinthians 13 as a group. What do you like about this passage? What do you find challenging or confusing?
- What can we learn about people from this passage? What can we learn about God from this passage?
- Would you say that our church is characterized by love? Why or why not?
- 1 Corinthians 12:31b-13:3 describes the importance of having the motivation of love behind our actions of love. How would you describe the difference between the motivation of love and actions of love?
- Why do you think Paul puts so much emphasis on the motivation of love? Why is it such a big deal to have motivations of love behind our actions of love?
- What steps can you take to be an example of Love in your/our church? Whether you are an official leader in the church or not, how can you lead others in being more loving?
- As a group, set a time for 3 minutes. Take three minutes of silent prayer to ask God for one specific way He wants you to apply 1 Corinthians 13 to your life this week. After the 3 minutes are up, share your action step with the group.