MORE ‘The Holy Spirit & Unity’ Conversation Starters
- What stood out to you in the sermon? (Missed it? Try VancouverChurch.org/sermons)
- Read 1 Corinthians 12:12-31. List some of the key points Paul is making. How are these points related to Jesus? What are some of the tensions he speaking to?
- Make an assessment of the level of unity in your own life. For a high level of unity, circle five stars; low unity equals one star. Then write keyword or phrase that describes both the unifying and non-unifying factors in that area of your life.
Your Personal World Star Rating Unity Factor Disunity Factor
work / school * * * * *
neighborhood * * * * *
friendships * * * * *
dating /marriage * * * * *
home life / family * * * * *
- In verse 31, Paul says, “Now eagerly desire the greater gifts.” What does this have to do with elevating unity amongst God’s people?
- FOUR SIGNS OF SPIRITUAL MATURITY
Rate your level of “craving” for each of the these “signs of spiritual maturity,” and describe any barriers that lower that craving. Then write out an action step that could increase each of the four signs of maturity.
* * * * * #1 CRAVING UNITY MORE (THAN CONVENIENCE)
* * * * * #2 CRAVING DIVERSITY MORE (THAN COMFORT)
* * * * * #3 CRAVING EMPATHY MORE (THAN EFFICIENCY)
* * * * * #4 CRAVING GIFTS of the SPIRIT MORE (THAN LEISURE)
- Why do you think the Lord is so passionate about community among his people?
- Describe the area you most need to focus on right now to bring about greater unity in the body of Christ. What will this greater unity bring about in your life and the life of others? How passionate are you to move forward in this area? Pray for each other as you pulled out your time together.