Happy to Share ‘Bags, Baskets, and Barns’ Conversation Starters
1. What’s the most generous act of kindness that you’ve ever received?
2. Who’s the most generous person you know? How do they demonstrate generosity?
3. Read Matthew 19:16-24 together as a group.
4. What did you like about this passage? What did you find challenging? What does this passage teach you about God? What does this teach you about people?
5. Craig Groeshel talks about 3 different mindsets when it comes to money and possessions. Take some time to consider, what your current mindset is right now. Be bold and humble and share with the group.
a. Bag Mindset…not enough
b. Basket Mindset…just enough
c. Barn Mindset…more than enough
6. Take 3 minutes in silent prayer to ask God ONE way that you can practice being generous this week. When the 3 minutes is up, share with the group. (Have someone write down everyone’s action step so that you can encourage and hold each other accountable throughout the week.
7. End your time in prayer, asking that God would help each person in your group and in our church to move toward a “Barn Mindset.”