This practice is part two of a three week series titled ‘Life Shared’ provided by Alpha. This practice is meant to be done together, so grab a friend, your family, or your life group and get started today! Learn more at lifesharedseries.com
BEGIN WITH PRAYER (5 MINUTES)
Gather together as a Community in a comfortable setting. Have somebody lead a prayer asking the Holy Spirit to lead and guide your time together.
WATCH THIS VIDEO (15 MINUTES)
JOURNAL OR DISCUSS THE FOLLOWING (20 MINUTES)
- How do you feel about the idea that God wants to partner with you?
- What stood out to you from what Danielle shared? What inspired and challenged you?
READ & JOURNAL/DISCUSS THIS SCRIPTURE: Acts 1:8 (25 MINUTES)
- What fears come up when you think about God wanting to use you to reach others?
- In what way(s) does the Holy Spirit empower us to share our faith?
- What do you think about the idea that God can use unlikely people?
- Have there been times when you have viewed people as projects? What do you think Danielle meant by that statement? Have you seen evangelism practiced like this?
- When it comes to the idea of God using us to reach others, what kind of unnecessary pressure do we put on ourselves?
- Think back to the person that God used in your life to invite you into a relationship with Him. What made their witness so compelling and attractive to you?
- What would it look like for you to change your posture by asking the questions that Danielle suggested like, “How can I serve? How can I love? How can I connect?” in your local context?
DO THIS PRACTICE RIGHT NOW (15 MINUTES)
Spend some time as a group or in smaller groups of two or three, praying that the Holy Spirit would give you:
- Love (Romans 5:5)
- Boldness (Acts 4:29)
- Fearlessness (Romans 8:15-17)
- Power (Ephesians 3:14-21)
- Wisdom and Opportunity (Colossians 4:2-6)