Employment OpportunitiesThank you for your interest in joining the family at Vancouver church. The Pastoral and support staff at Vancouver Church is a committed team of Christ loving followers who value people the way Jesus does.
Thank you for your interest in joining the family at Vancouver church. The Pastoral and support staff at Vancouver Church is a committed team of Christ loving followers who value people the way Jesus does. We are dependent on the Holy Spirit, and therefore, the conduct of our staff must be in conformity to our biblical foundation.
Vancouver Church is a community whose mission is to be a multi-generational, suburban church of Clark County, making disciples who join others who make disciples, reaching thousands of our churchless neighbors, meeting the practical needs of the most vulnerable, developing competent and multiplying kingdom servants and leaders. Our desire is to be with Jesus, like Jesus more every day.
How To Apply
Job Classification: Hourly / Full-Time / Evenings
Reports To: Custodian Supervisor
The custodial staff plays an important role at Vancouver Church and Kingsway Christian School by ensuring spaces are cleaned and prepared for the work and school day. There is a high level of expectation for excellence specifically as it relates to detail so that the building space has an internal and external appearance of top quality. The custodial staff is responsible for the use of safety and protective devices and proper safety techniques in order to minimize the frequency and severity of work-related accidents. The custodial team is further responsible for correcting any conditions within the building or grounds that maybe hazardous to employees, staff, students, church members and anyone within the church and school property.
- Sweeping, cleaning and sanitizing floors.
- Daily trash and garbage removal.
- Sanitizing all bathrooms daily including counters, toilets, sinks and all areas that are visible.
- Restock all supplies as needed including toilet paper, paper towels, soaps, etc.
- Vacuum all required areas
- Wipe down walls as needed
- Sanitize other areas as required on the checklist
- Clean windows and mirrors as required
- Assist with room set ups and tear downs as needed
- Report all maintenance issues to supervisor or to lead maintenance supervisor.
- Adhere to church policy’s for safety
- Cleans, dusts and/or sanitizes furniture.
- Perform other special assignments and supplementary tasks and duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of cleaning materials, supplies and equipment.
- Knowledge of basic cleaning standards.
- Able to recognize high standards of excellence with a keen eye for detail.
- Knowledge of the English language so as to understand operating instructions for cleaning equipment and materials and safety and accident prevention.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs.
- Ability to consistently twist, turn, bend, stoop and move up to 8 hours.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time – up to 8 hours.
- Ability to work evenings and occasional weekends
Required Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years of experience in a janitorial, cleaning or custodial role preferred.