LEADING OTHERS TO LIFE ‘How to Spiritually Guide Others’ Conversation Starters
- What stood out to you in the sermon? (Missed it? Try VancouverChurch.org/sermons)
- Describe the season of your life when you most consistently helped others understand the Bible and how to apply it to their lives.
- Read 2 Timothy 4:1-8. What caught your attention in this passage?
- In verse 1, Paul is prefacing a directive he is going to give to “Preach the word” (v. 2). Paul wants Timothy to view this directive in light of four realities; list them and discuss them. Why do you think Paul makes such a big deal about the role of the Bible in Timothy’s ministry?
- Verse 2, describes what, when, why & how. Fill in the blanks and discuss your experience of each
- What do you think it meant for Timothy to preach the word? What do you think it means for you to preach the word?
- As you may recall, the term ‘duckling discipleship’ essentially describes the process of passing on your faith to someone who is one just step behind you on the journey to Jesus. Who are those people in your life? Who are you helping to grow in Jesus?
- We are called to guide others with Scripture. How often do you do that? Once a day, week or month? Of the following ways of using Scripture to guide someone toward life in the Lord, which is easiest for you? Rank them #1 is easiest, and #4 is hardest. Discuss your answers.
Guide with Scripture… __ to correct __ to encourage __ constantly __ humbly
- Describe a couple people that you are leading to life in Jesus (or would like to) and pray you will do so with ever-increasing effectiveness. Pray specifically that you will guide them with the Scriptures. Be sure also to pray for each other’s immediate needs, leaving a short time of silence before you pray to listen for any specific promptings of God’s Spirit.