LEADING OTHERS TO LIFE ‘Enduring’ Conversation Starters
- When have you needed a tremendous amount of endurance? You’ll get to spiritual endurance in a moment, so focus on endurance required in your physical life, career, academics, business, etc. Explain. What did you do to endure? What would have happened if you didn’t endure?
- What stood out to you in the sermon? (Missed it? Try VancouverChurch.org/sermons)
- Read 2 Timothy 3:10-17. What caught your attention in this passage?
- Check the top 3 areas in which you would most like to grow and discuss them.
__Maintain on-going hope
__ Reduce casual pain-killers
__ Increase self-control
__ Experience peace that runs deeper than the pain
__ No longer be ruled by fear
__ Stop self-destructive behaviors
__ Increase healthy habits
__ Resist destructive pain-killers
__ Overcome barriers of bitterness
__ Conquer the unnerving effect of constantly try to please people
- How could your relationship with Jesus help you grow stronger in those three areas? How does the Bible help such growth?
- In verses 14-15, Paul is telling Timothy how to endure to experience a good life that lasts for a long time. List and discuss the key elements Paul is emphasizing to his young protégé.
- Read verse 16-17 and discuss what the Bible actually does in the life of a follower of Jesus.
- To endure in the Lord, you must never quit trusting his Word. What do you think of this statement?
- How deeply are you consuming the Scriptures right now? Pick a practice that would be most useful to increase your intake of the Bible. Then pray you will each deepen that practice with the help of the Holy Spirit.
__ Reading Scripture
__ Memorizing Scripture
__ Studying Scripture
__ Teaching Scripture
__ Meditating on Scripture
__ Paraphrasing Scripture
__ Creatively expressing Scripture